Before heading home for the Christmas break, make sure you’ve checked all of the below!
- Don’t turn off your router! If you do KCOM will be trying to get hold of you to see why your managed service is down and you wont be there.
- Notify the KCOM service desk of any planned works over the Christmas period such as power downs.
- Ensure all backups and updates are completed before powering down devices for storage
- Secure all computers and IT equipment
- Make sure staff have access to the remote desktop (if your school has one) and aren’t taking sensitive material home on unprotected devices such as USBs
- Make sure to set your Out of Office with contact numbers of who people can contact in an emergency
- Make sure you book onto your Safe Online Workshop for 2018
- Enjoy a well-deserved cup of your favourite mulled beverage and a mince pie!
We’ll look forward to seeing you in 2018, if you need any support over holidays, please check online for contact numbers.