Further eSafety4schools Services
Protect eSafety Monitoring
“All schools will be required to put in place strengthened measures to protect children from harm online – including cyber bullying, pornography and the risk of radicalisation – under plans unveiled by Education Secretary Nicky Morgan (22 December 2015). Under the proposals published today for consultation, all schools will need to have appropriate filters and monitoring systems, so that no child can access harmful content via the school’s IT systems and concerns can be spotted quickly”(www.gov.uk)
Protect eSafety Monitoring from eSafety4schools includes:
- Active monitoring of Policy Central or Futures Cloud from Future Digital
- Screen captures reviewed and graded by experienced ex LA officers, Captures created when predefined words and phrases are triggered
- All captures are graded on a 6-point scale from False-Positives to Potential Serious eSafety Threats
- Head teachers and designated Safeguarding Personal alerted to concerns
- There is no requirement for Senior Staff to be trained in the use of Policy Central
- Shared web filtering polices, and alerts – enabling quick and efficient updates that the school does not need to worry about.
- Cost effective managed services that release school staff to carry out their day to day school duties
(only available to schools on an emPSN network connection)
Do you need to access your school’s server or desktop from home or other locations? Do you need access to critical applications or require remote support? Remote Access from eSafety4schools solution can help, it allows you to access the resources you require in your school from almost anywhere. Our remote access solution integrates directly into your desktop or laptop, no software or hardware required.
The Technical Stuff
- Secure Access via VPN
- No client required, uses windows L2TP/IPsec client
- Access is secured by Layer 2 Tunnelling protocol with IPSEC ensuring that the connection and data are encrypted at all times
- Once the IPSEC tunnel is established traffic is directed to our Radius server where the given user name and password are verified and an access policy is applied to the user
- The Access Policy allows access to the IP address you specify. The user is now free to connect via an application required (HTTP, HTTPS, RDP etc.)
esafety4schools doesn’t limit you in the way that many cloud backup providers do – we believe that your cloud space is yours and should be used however you like. Purchasing cloud space with esafety4schools means that you can use it however you like – your cloud space doesn’t have to be used with a server, it can still be used for almost any device—and as many as you like.
Mobility – esafety4schools allows you to view, share, and access your backups from anywhere, with any device with a web browser.
Security – you can also choose to use our Ultrasafe option which ensures your data is never recoverable anywhere or by anyone but you.
Multi-destination backup – backup your local data to any destination, anywhere. Including external hard drives.
The Technical Stuff
- Flexibility and Value are Standard with esafety4schools
- Bare metal backup and recovery for Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint, & more
- Exchange Granular Recovery allows you to backup and recover by mailbox and by message
- Backup and recover laptops, workstations, fileservers, and files & folders.
- Encryption – three-tiers of protection for your school data
- Send transactionally consistent backups to the cloud and keep as many historical versions of files that you require.
Configured in less than 30 minutes
To enable schools to benefit from BYOD eSafety4schools has developed a specialist offering that builds on our Web Filtering product already deployed throughout the emPSN network – or whom purchase an emPSN for schools Internet connection (see below)
Our internet access for BYOD and Public Access is transparently filtered and independent from your school network, making it safe and secure for everyone.
The Technical Stuff
- We bring a virtual network (VLAN) into your school within the emPSN connection.
- No new hardware is required.
- We allocate the IP subnet, provide DHCP, and DNS.
- The BYOD filtering policy is managed alongside your normal filtering policies via our portal.
- Simply configure your access point to use our BYOD VLAN and you are ready to go.
- Optionally use our captive portal to assign BYOD user access, passwords and expiry.
- MS AEP (authorised, educational partner)
- O365 support and migration so school owns its e-mail!
- Free e-mail for staff and pupils
- Supports mobile devices, full calendar and much, much more
- Ofsted requires all data that leaves a school site to be encrypted
- Safely encrypt hard drives, removable media, files & emails
- FIPS 140-2
- Hybrid-cloud based management server