KCOM Service Desk
KCOM operate a 24×7 service desk for the purpose of logging and managing service related incidents. Changes are managed by KCOM Change Control.
All organisations connected to embc/emPSN have a designated fault-reporting route which should when followed, result in any problems being resolved with the minimum of delay.
If you plan to carry out any work on your network that may make your site temporarily inaccessible, please notify your nominated fault-reporting centre in advance, preferably by e-mail.
embc/emPSN customers are able to raise incidents upon KCOM for issues being experienced with service. Incidents shall be accepted either by
– emPSN Customer Portal – https://portal.kcom.com
– By telephone to the contact number – 0845 122 6873
– By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Or as an event/alarm from KCOM’s Management Systems and determined by KCOM to be an Incident
KCOM will log all Incidents raised by telephone or the online portal within 15 minutes of receipt and allocate a unique reference number.
KCOM will log all Incidents raised by email as soon as reasonably practicable and will allocate a unique reference number. KCOM, therefore, recommends that incidents are reported by the emPSN Customer Portal or by telephone whenever possible.
The Customer shall be asked to provide the following key information when raising an incident:
– The customer site emPSN identification number
– Organisation name and post code of the affected site
– Caller’s name, telephone number and email address
– Caller’s own Incident reference number if available
– Further information will be requested to help diagnose the cause of the incident
The KCOM Service Desk will ask a number of initial triage questions to determine the nature of the incident. These will include checks to ensure that Incidents relating to the environment e.g. power are resolved by Customers and such Incidents are not raised as Incidents with KCOM.
In all instances raise an incident where you are seeing issues with your services, or they are not operating as you would expect them to.
Escalation of Problems
KCOM provides an escalation mechanism for customers who are unable to contact their fault-reporting center or are dissatisfied with the general performance of the fault reporting service. In either instance, customers should provide full details of their problem to the KCOM Service Desk on 0845 122 6873. The request will be logged and steps will be taken to address the problem. KCOM will also investigate the reasons for the unsatisfactory service and provide a report of the action taken. Further details are available in the Service Operations Manual.
Service Operations Manual
Further information about Customer and KCOM responsibilities including SLA targets is contained within the Service Operations Manual (SOM) which is available from the emPSN Customer Portal Document Store – https://portal.kcom.com/documents
Customer Portal Access
We recommend all sites obtain access to the emPSN customer Portal which offers several self-help resources. To request access please either
- Download the form here and submit this to the KCOM service Desk
- Or if you already have portal access and would like to add/change colleagues access, please email a request to the KCOM service desk. Please give a Name and Email Address within your request. Thank you!
Service desk contact details email@example.com or 0845 122 6873