DNS Hosting Services
emPSN operate DNS hosting for a number of sites on the emPSN network, this forms part of the core emPSN network service offering.
This is hosted from a Tri located service based around UK data centres run by Janet/JISC.
On Behalf of Lincolnshire County Council we operate a DNS hosting service for emPSN connected schools.
To check your domains Tag please use – https://www.nominet.uk/whois/ – and enter your .sch.uk domain name.
Schools with domains under the LINCSCC TAG should contact email@example.com for support and changes around their domain. Upon receipt of the request we will work to complete the change within 5 working days (although these are typically done sooner.) Changes will be made during working hours 0800-1730 only. If you need to book a date / time for changes please give us notice and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Address Mapping records (A)
- Canonical Name records (CNAME)
- Mail exchanger record (MX)
- Reverse-lookup Pointer records (PTR)
- Text Record (TXT)
- …And more
For information on other DNS services from emPSN:
- DNS Services – https://www.empsn.org.uk/knowledgebase/dns-services/
- Reverse DNS/PTR Records – https://www.empsn.org.uk/knowledgebase/reverse-dns-ptr-records/
- DNS Hosting Services – https://www.empsn.org.uk/knowledgebase/dns-hosting-services/