The IIS Authentication Redirect Portal is an implementation of the Netsweeper authentication portal for Microsoft IIS. The IIS Authenticated Redirect Portal can transparently authorize any user logged on to the Microsoft Domain where the portal has been installed.
When this is implemented:
- You MAY not see any HTTP page that asks login and password.
- Prompt will occur if the filtered workstation is not logged on to the domain
- Prompt will occur for browsers that do not integrate with Windows credentials (Firefox, etc.)
- You WILL BE transparently authenticated if you are a member of the AD domain, logged on to the domain from the workstation, and are using Internet Explorer.
- The IIS Authenticated Redirect Portal MUST be installed onto a server that is a member of the AD domain.
- The filtering device must be configured to support Authenticated Redirect. Please refer to the Authenticated Redirect configuration documentation.
Netsweeper Reference Doc – Authentication Redirect IIS Portal
Redirection Portal Download
If you find that you need to add the IIS server, use the Server Manager > Manage > Add Roles and Features.
As you are adding the IIS Role, ensure that the following features are enabled (in addition to those automatically selected):
- Web Server > Security > Windows Authentication
- Web Server > Application Development > …
- .Net Extensibility 4.5
- ASP.NET 4.5
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters