emPSN offers DNS and Name registration service to education customers connected to the emPSN network, to publish and manage their public DNS records on a central name server and to make changes for them. Name registrations are performed using Nominet UK.
The hosting service is for the purpose of authoritative DNS services for customer Internet Domain Names. Zone changes are managed on behalf of the customer.
Schools with domains under the EMPSN TAG should contact email@example.com for support and changes around their domain. Upon receipt of the request we will work to complete the change within 5 working days (although these are typically done sooner.) Changes will be made during working hours 0800-1730 only. If you need to book a date / time for changes please give us notice and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Address Mapping records (A)
- Canonical Name records (CNAME)
- Mail exchanger record (MX)
- Reverse-lookup Pointer records (PTR)
- Text Record (TXT)
- …And more
If you need to report any kind of abusive use of domains such as Spam or illicit activity from domains hosted with us please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use these details to contact us for any domain name related queries you may have, including complaints and instances of domain name abuse, you should expect to receive a response with a few hours and no more than 5 days.
All domain registrations are facilitated inline with the standard Terms and Conditions of Nominet UK – www.nominet.uk/go/terms.
For information on other DNS services from emPSN:
- DNS Services – https://www.empsn.org.uk/knowledgebase/dns-services/
- Reverse DNS/PTR Records – https://www.empsn.org.uk/knowledgebase/reverse-dns-ptr-records/
- DNS Hosting LINCSCC TAG – https://www.empsn.org.uk/knowledgebase/dns-hosting-lincscc/