GoBubble is an app that allows children to take advantage of the best bits of social media without any of the negative aspects. It launched in 2017 but is becoming more widely used within schools.
What is GoBubble?
GoBubble was created specifically for younger children from the age of seven. The aim of the app is to give parents and teachers the tools to deal with the growing trend of children using social media platforms and get them ready to use them safely when they’re old enough.
How does it work?
It allows children to chat online with school friends, share jokes, pictures or videos. The child’s school is placed at the centre of their social media network with them creating accounts. Everything is moderated by GoBubble’s AI and live team.
- You can create multiple groups (for classes, teams, competitions)
- You can post and share content which children reply to and create their own content
- Parents can see their child’s content.
The school signs its pupils up, with parental approval, and children can safely talk to kids in their own class, school, or even with children the same age in schools around the world.
What safety features does it have?
GoBubble puts an end to unwanted friend requests, dubious content and the potential for cyber-bullying. All posts are automatically moderated through the system’s safety features, ensuring any inappropriate video, images, text, audio or emojis, are removed before going live.
The app promotes all the fun of social media but aims to keep out the bad bits by doing the following:
- Verifying every user
- Making sure each user can only talk to someone in the same year group
- Moderating all content
- Banning bad language, bullying, and inappropriate images
- Requiring parental consent for children who have an account
- Hosting the content on a dedicated secure server in the UK
- Carrying out security checks prior to schools being set up with an account
How much does it cost?
GoBubble is available free to schools.
Parents and children can access Go Bubble via the web for free or have the option of downloading the app onto their tablet, laptop or mobile device for £3 a year.
How do I get it?