The KCOM portal is an online tool which enables registered users to manage their connectivity service. The functions currently available are listed below:
• Change Requests – to raise change requests
• Incident Management – to raise and track incidents
• Performance Management – to monitor key performance metrics such as bandwidth usage
• Change Notifications – to view upcoming planned works notices
• Documentation – to access information about your service including support and change forms
• Account Management – to change passwords and other preferences
New Services – Order Tracking and Email Notifications
Based on customer feedback new functions are continuously added KCOM’s portal service and we are pleased to announce the immediate availability of two important new functions:
The new Order Tracker enables single and multi-site users to login into their account and see any pending orders for their school(s). The following details can be reviewed:
• Order Category – for example renewal or upgrade
• Connection Type – including download and upload speeds
• Order Status
• Last Update Date
Registered users can access the Order Tracker from the ‘Orders’ drop down menu on their home screen once they have logged on. If you manage multiple sites, you will first need to select the school from the drop down menu on the right hand side of the page.
This new function alerts registered users to any updates related to your service (for example the change in status of an incident) via email irrespective of whether they are logged on. Users benefit from up to the minute information without the need to log on to the portal. This functionality will be made available to all users by default, users who would prefer not to receive email alerts can turn them off using Account Preferences. Users can choose whether to receive notifications by email or by text message.
This new functionality is available now to single site users. Multi-site users will be able to enjoy this functionality in the future.
If you would like access to the KCOM portal you can make your request via the KCOM service desk, email email@example.com or call 0845 1226873