SIMS ID Light
SIMS ID Light from Capita includes Office 365 mail filtering
The replacement for OPENHIVE ID offers seamless integration with SIMS and Hosted SIMS for automatic creation of SIMS ID accounts and Office 365 (will also work with other management information systems.)
• Intuitive management and user interfaces
• SIMS timetables populated into Office 365 calendars
• Upgrade opportunities for automated account creation in your local Active Directory
• Integrates with Hosted SIMS
Identity and Access Management
SIMS ID provides identity management, authentication, single sign on (SSO), and Shibboleth “identity provider” (IdP) services. SIMS ID service is an enterprise class solution for user management via a Web Interface facilitating the following functionality:
• User Management enables the SCo member/ customer to create and modify accounts individually or in bulk using CSV files and/or reports from supported MIS Systems (e.g. Capital SIMS, Serco facility CMIS)
• Capita SIMS customers enjoy seamless automated user creation direct from their SIMS database
• Additional control provided for manipulating Office 365, Hosted SIMS, and Webshield applications on a per site or user basis
• Group Management enables the SCo Member/ customer to create and modify groups, modify the membership and email settings
• Delegated access model allows relevant access to be granted to relevant members of an organisation, ensuring only authorised personnel are able to make changes to a user or group:
o Single sign on to cloud services of the hosted platform such as Office 365 and Hosted SIMS
o Single sign on to Shibboleth protected resources via UKAMF IDP
o Single sign on to partner services using Shibboleth, Oauth or other compliant technologies.
• Browsers must meet the minimum Requirements to use the identity service. For browser compatibility and any known limitations refer to the minimum browser specification.
• Administrators of sites using an MIS other than Capita SIMS must be able to export IAM data from their MIS system in a compatible format (typically comma separated values, CSV formatted files).
• Site administrators of sites using Capita SIMS must enable the People Discovery Service with SIMS Service Manager.
• Users must be Education Users only.
• Service provision is subject to due diligence and acceptance by SP of the suitability of the site/ user and their data and systems to use the service.