Capita Webfiltering (Ad Linked)
This service provides URL content filtering based on the Netsweeper platform, preventing unsuitable content from entering the network. The service benefits from easy management via a redundant GUI front end. The service is based on a standard set of policies containing appropriate categorised URLs. This permits users/sites to be assigned against the appropriate policies and therefore access only to the relevant level of internet content. Inappropriate or undesirable content is managed via automated categorisation content control engines synchronised with the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) list.
This service also offers links to the local Active Directory to provide filtering groups based on Local Active Directory groups.
Capita has worked closely with the emPSN and the provider of the core network to ensure that the Webshield is an “on-net” service. The network connectivity and proxy servers are physically located within the region, in one of the established networked data centres. A delegated access model, ensures relevant access is granted to relevant members of an organisation ensuring only authorised personnel are able to make changes to filtering policies. Not all customers will take local control of filtering, in which case the service is fully automated and requires little attention beyond initial setup, especially when used with User Based Filtering. If particular sites are over-blocked, a request can be made to the Capita Service Desk to request access to such sites.
For User Based Filtering there are 4 standard policies in place (SP will from time-to-time add more standard policies.
• Peer from WAN provider into SP with ability to see source address of requests. i.e no NAT address translation between edge sites and Webshield.
• Subscription to the SIMS ID service for user based filtering
• Proxy server configuration of client machines
• A suitable internet feed from the WAN provider or bandwidth from the SP internet feed
• Browsers compatibility and any known limitations refer to browser requirements
• Access to Local Active Directory
• Service provision is subject to due diligence and acceptance by SP of the suitability of the site/ user and there data and systems to use the service.