emPSN offer broadband connectivity to all schools, local authorities and libraries within the East Midlands region.
Broadband connectivity is provided by KCOM over the emPSN network ranging from 2Mbps to 250Mpbs or higher depending on location, connection type available and school choice.
emPSN and KCOM Broadband Connectivity
KCOM has been an emPSN broadband connectivity provider since emPSN (formerly embc) was founded in 2000. We have successfully provided broadband to schools since this date and still work with over 1,000 sites. Our offer of broadband to schools is more than just an internet connection and all our quotes automatically include the following:
- Firewall – we offer a fully managed firewall service, managed by KCOM, it means you do not need to support a firewall on site, and that you or your service support company on your behalf can control it simply through requests made on your service portal
- Managed router – we provide a Cisco router (e.g for FTTC new orders a Cisco 1921) that allows the active management of your connection remotely and the application of Quality of Service
- Installation and migration support – we do not leave you on your own, we will appoint a Project (customer) Manager who will oversee all the work necessary to secure your new service, including an engineer site visit to install your router and test its working before hand-over to you the customer
- UK based support – available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 99.9% availability – this is our level of availability