To allow the NetSweeper solution to filter HTTPS website resources a client certificate should be installed on your user devices. Attached below is a guide on using and installing the certificate
The instructions cover the following topics and installation types:
- Microsoft Active Directory GPO
- Single Machine Installation
- Checking certificate installation on Windows
- Apple IOS Devices
- Apple MacOSX Desktop and Laptops
- Apple Configurator
- Android Devices
The instructions are available – here
If you are using the Google Admin Console then this link – https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3505249?hl=en&ref_topic=3504941 – steps through the process
If you are not using the Google Admin Console you will need to manually import manually as an “Authorities” certificate onto each Chromebook.
- In the Chrome Browser go to Settings. Use the “Search” bar to search for certificate.
- Select Manage certificates
- Click the Authorities tab, then click Import
- Locate the certificate you downloaded and click Open.
- You should now be able to see the certificate in the list of Authorities.
The certificate can be downloaded directly from here
If you have any devices or scenarios not covered by the topics above please let us know – email@example.com